The District was created by Senate Bill No. 2056, Acts of the 84th Texas Legislature, Regular Session, 2015, codified as Chapter 7921, Texas Special District Local Laws Code. The District comprises approximately 82.91 total acres and is situated entirely within the County, the corporate city limits of the City, and the boundaries of Conroe Independent School District.
The District is located approximately 35 miles north of the City of Houston, Texas, and approximately 2 miles southeast of the downtown of the City. The District lies approximately one half mile east of the intersection of Farm to Market Road 1314 and Loop 336.
The District is part of the residential community known as Ladera Creek, which lies partially within the District and partially within Montgomery County Municipal Utility District No. 92.